The Employees’ State Insurance Scheme is an integrated measure of Social Insurance embodied in the Employees’ State Insurance Act and it is designed to accomplish the task of protecting ‘employees‘ as defined in the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 against the impact of incidences of sickness, maternity, disablement and death due to employment injury and to provide medical care to insured persons and their families. The ESI Scheme applies to factories and other establishment’s viz. Road Transport, Hotels, Restaurants, Cinemas, Newspaper, Shops, and Educational/Medical Institutions wherein 10 or more persons are employed. However, in some States threshold limit for coverage of establishments is still 20. Employees of the aforesaid categories of factories and establishments, drawing wages upto Rs.15,000/- a month, are entitled to social security cover under the ESI Act. ESI Corporation has also decided to enhance wage ceiling for coverage of employees under the ESI Act from Rs.15,000/- to Rs.21,000/-.
IMPROVEMENT IN HEALTH CARE: AREA OF CONCERN
- Proposal to State Government to Form State Level Corporation/Society
- Create additional Model and Super specialty Hospital
- Upgrade 1/3rd of Dispensaries (40 in UP) to 6 Bed Hospital
- With proposed expansion Number of New dispensaries ( 26 ) shall be set up
- Equipment and Building by ESIC